Brazilian Butt Lift – A Guide
Brazilian Butt Lift procedure (BBL) is one of the most popular cosmetic treatments these days. It is a perfect solution for those looking for immediate or more dynamic results in their struggle to get bigger glutes. According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, in 2017 alone, more than 20,000 people had BBL done by board-certified surgeons. This is a steady increase from 8,500 people who had it done in 2012!
What is Brazilian Butt Lift?
The aim of Brazilian Butt Lift is to increase the volume, as well as provide more defined curves and a lift, to the butt areas, through the use of a combination of liposuction and fat grafting techniques.
Being a combination of liposuction and fat-grafting, this procedure can be used to target fat in various places (like thighs or stomach), which can be then used to inject it to places where you’d be more content to see it.
Brazilian Butt Lift Procedure – Important Information
The procedure of Brazilian Butt Lift involves the following steps:
- Anaesthesia – Brazilian Butt Lift is always performed under anaesthesia, but the type of it depends on the area undergoing the treatment. For the smaller volume of fat transferred, local anaesthesia is enough, while for larger area, general anaesthesia may be needed.
- As the procedure involved both liposuction and fat-grafting, your Plastic Surgeon will need to make incisions in the skin, through which a tube will be introduced for the purpose of sucking the fat out.
- Afterwards, the fat stores which were removed from your body are purified and prepared to be suitable for injection.
- The previously-removed fat is then injected into specific areas of the buttocks in order to achieve the rounded, desired look.
- The surgery is completed with stitching the incisions. Compression garments are applied in order to minimize the risk of bleeding.
The Benefits of Brazilian Butt Lift Surgery
While there are other forms of buttock surgery – including silicone buttock implants placement – Brazilian Butt Lift is known for exceptional, natural-looking results. Through the use of your very own fat, you can achieve outstanding roundness in your backside, without the artificial look some other procedures involve.
Furthermore, you do not need to worry about other known issues, such as shapelessness or sagging, which are often associated with age. As such, this procedure is perfect for those bothered by figure imbalances which prevent you from wearing the kind of clothing that you like!
Safer than Other Procedures
Brazilian Butt Lift surgery, which involves using your own fat, is much safer than other treatments. The risk of infection is much lower, compared to silicone buttock implants. The safety profile of this treatment is much better than, for example, illegal injections of silicone caulking and sealants, often performed by people who are not even qualified to perform such surgeries.
At the end of the day, Brazilian Butt Lift surgery is an increasingly popular and comparably safe procedure – as long as it’s performed by experienced and trustworthy professionals, in which case your chances at desired and long-lasting results are much higher.